CES Arrival

i M in Vegas.  Arrived about 11:30 last night.  That's 1:30 Chicago time (my home town).  Taxi lines were long.  Took me over an hour to check into my hotel!  Cabbies say this is the biggest CES they can remember.  Hope this is a sign the ecomomy is finally turning up! 

As VP of Emerging Technologies for IDEAlliance, I am thrilled to be here.  IDEAlliance is an Association representing the publishing & media supply chain.  Our members include publishers, ad agencies, brand owners and technology and service providers.  With the launch of the iPad last April, the publishing/media world has been turned on its head.  New opportunities abound, but technology is key.  That's where I come in.  I am attending CES to set the publishing technology vision for 2011 and help my members understand where the market is going and how they can leverage that technology as they develop the next generation of magazines, advertisments, catalogs, and even the books of the future.

My big initiative for 2011 is nextPub.  Just as the ePub standard defines how books are delivered to eReaders, the IDEAlliance nextPub specifications will shape how magazines and other branded display content are delivered to the emerging tablet platforms.  If you think magazines on iPads are great, just wait!!  So I am off to the monorail and soon will be lost in the crowds here at CES.  Look for my posts throughout the show and beyond!


Dianne Kennedy

Posted in Labels: |

0 comments: